Wednesday, April 24, 2013

REVIEW: L'Oréal Magic Smooth Soufflé

Heeey! I'm back! hihihi

I have been using this product for a while now but recently I only seldom use it since it's soo hot, I usually prefer my Lioele BB Cream when I go out.

Anyway, today I'm going to talk about my L'Oréal Magic Smooth Soufflé. This was given by my aunt to my mom but I asked both of them if I can have it instead hohohohoh. Anyway, I'm not sure if it's available locally but I've done my research and it would have cost about 650php ($15.95) or higher if it we're sold here. 

 L'Oréal Magic Smooth Soufflé in Nude Beige

"Every stunning look begins with a gorgeous foundation. L’Oréal’s Magic Smooth™ Soufflé creates a flawless, silky, even-toned finish. Apply it daily to achieve smooth, poreless perfection. Available in a wide range of tones, Magic Smooth™ Soufflé is versatile enough to beautify every skin type."

First off, this foundation is air-whipped, I was actually surprised when I first opened it since it was the first time for me to encounter a foundation which is not as "liquid" as the usual ones. It promises to be lightweight and with breathable coverage. 


It has a grainy texture which you will see more in the following photos. Here are my swatches, a bit blurry though, I'm having trouble steadying the camera with only one hand, I'm sorry OTL haha. I did not edit the following photos except adding my cute(haha self-proclaimed :P) watermark. 

I've used a spatula to get the product from the pot since I think it'll prevent bacterial contamination more instead of using my fingers. The grainy texture is more visible here, right?

Even though it has a grainy texture at first, it blends easily on my hands and face. At first I thought it'd be hard for me to use but it was really easy, definitely noob-friendly. :)



IN-DEPTH

Applying it was really easy for me especially while using a brush to blend it on my face. I haven't tried using my fingers to apply it because I don't like how it feels in my fingers after hehehe. It actually provided a lot of coverage on my face since I have a lot of post-acne marks right now.


This is how I looked like with just the foundation on (with primer). There are still some spots which are not covered but those were the really dark or bumpy ones on my forehead, so I think this foundation still aced my coverage test. By the way, I did not use any concealer on this photo, I just put on another layer of the foundation on my problem spots especially on my eyebags and scars.


Then I just added the rest of my makeup to add color to my face hehehe.

I have used the foundation both indoors and outdoors to test it out. On both times, I felt oily on my T-zone area after a few hours and I needed to re-apply a powder to stop the oil-fest on my T-zone. BUT! I can say that it had done a great job on my cheeks. Even after hours of wearing it, my cheeks felt smooth and supple. So I'd probably recommend this to people with normal to dry skin because I think this would be an awesome foundation for them. I think it can still be used by people with oily skin since we can just apply powder from time to time because even when it felt oily for me, my face still looked okay. It wasn't shiny, it just felt oily and I have an oil-blotting sheet for that hehehe. 

Anyway, this is one awesome foundation and I think I'd probably use it more during cosplays since it really has a good coverage and it looks good in photos hehehe. 

Things I love about the L'Oréal Magic Smooth Soufflé:
  • It's noob-friendly as it's easy to blend especially since I'm using a brush to blend it.
  • It only takes a little amount to use on my entire face and neck.
  • I can skip on concealers with this because I can just add another layer on top of my problem marks.
  • It feels awesome on my cheeks, seriously!! I cannot emphasize it more! hahah
  • It's relatively cheap if it's available locally (I will research on this and find out and update this hehe)
  • I haven't experienced any break-outs from using this (which is AWESOME!)

However, I do have a list of the things I don't like with this foundation:
  • It's in a pot and I needed to use a spatula to get it out.
  • It gets kind of messy when I use the spatula hehe.
  • It doesn't have SPF and I don't like putting so much on my face so I tend to skip on my sunscreen when there's SPF on the product already.
  • It's a little heavy with its glass container and it might be hard to travel with it.
Overall, I'd give this product a 4/5 score and as the product promised, I can say that it is light-weight and has a breathable coverage. Thumbs up! :)

And because I'm feeling vain and I'm loving this new camera app with awesome filters, here's another photo of me hehehehhe



© Photos were taken and watermarked by me, 
product photos were edited via Photoshop CS3 with 
OhMyLittleGirl's action Dreamy Vintage.



No comments:

Post a Comment